PDC News Flash
Next Commission Meeting
April 11, 2018 - 2:00 pm, at the Water Center Building, Conference Room 602C, 322 E Front Street, Boise, ID 83702.
Spring Town Hall Meetings - Informational meetings on the rules we will be negotiating this year.
All meetings will be held at 4:00pm local time.
April 5 - Caldwell: Canyon County Courthouse- Courtroom 140, 1115 Albany Street
April 10 - Twin Falls: Twin Falls Public Library - Program Room, 201 Fourth Avenue East
April 11 - Boise: Idaho Water Center - 6th Floor Conference Room 602C, 322 E Front Street
April 24 - Coeur d'Alene: Coeur d'Alene Public Library, 702 E Front Avenue
April 25 - Lewiston: Lewis-Clark State College - Williams Conference Center, 837 4th Street
May 1 - Idaho Falls: Stevens-Henager College, 901 Pier View Drive, Suite 105
May 2 - Pocatello: Idaho State University - Clearwater Room, 921 South 8th Avenue
The Idaho Public Defense Commission is committed to improving the delivery of trial-level indigent defense services by serving the Counties and Indigent Defense Providers of Idaho. We strive to ensure that the safeguards of the 6thAmendment to the United States Constitution and Article I, Sect. 13 of the State Constitution are met. We will collect data, support compliance with standards, provide training, and administer grants to achieve fair and just representation of the accused. In the words of Thomas Jefferson, “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.”
Click here for a copy of the 2018 Report to the Legislature.
The State Public Defense Commission:
- Maintains standards to ensure that defending attorneys are providing representation within the safeguards of the Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and Article I, Sect. 13 of the Idaho Constitution;
- Serves as a clearing house of information for relevant stakeholders;
- Provides funding to Counties to ensure compliance with standards;
- Provides training to defending attorneys; and
- Keeps the Legislature apprised of any issues that affect the indigent defense system in Idaho.