PDC News Flash
NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SELECTED! vIEW ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SELECTION OF Kathleen J. ELLIOtT, Esq. HERE.
Click here to review Current indigent defense standards.
Pending rules containing the proposed workload standard, annual reporting and contract rules can be found here.
Next Commission Meeting
January 10, 2018 - 9:00AM, Location TBD, Boise, Idaho.
The Idaho Public Defense Commission is committed to improving the delivery of trial-level indigent defense services by serving the Counties and Indigent Defense Providers of Idaho. We strive to ensure that the safeguards of the 6thAmendment to the United States Constitution and Article I, Sect. 13 of the State Constitution are met. We will collect data, support compliance with standards, provide training, and administer grants to achieve fair and just representation of the accused. In the words of Thomas Jefferson, “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.”
Click here for a copy of the 2018 Report to the Legislature.
The State Public Defense Commission:
- Maintains standards to ensure that defending attorneys are providing representation within the safeguards of the Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and Article I, Sect. 13 of the Idaho Constitution;
- Serves as a clearing house of information for relevant stakeholders;
- Provides funding to Counties as appropriated by the legislature to ensure compliance with standards;
- Provides training to defending attorneys; and
- Keeps the Legislature apprised of any issues that affect the indigent defense system in Idaho.