The PDC has been tasked with the responsibility of creating rules related to the improvement of the public defense system in Idaho pursuant to Idaho Code 19-850. The PDC’s rules are in IDAPA 61, available on the official IDAPA website Idaho Office of the Administrative Rules Coordinator.
Any rules that are currently being negotiated, can be found on the Negotiated Rulemaking page. Any rules that are proposed, for which the PDC is currently accepting comment, or pending (awaiting legislative approval) can be found on the Proposed and Pending Rules page. Please check back often for updates.
Below is a list of PDC rules by IDAPA Chapter title.
- 61.01.01 – Rules Governing Training Requirements for Defending Attorneys and the Administration of Training Funds
- 61.01.02 – Rules Governing Uniform Data Reporting Requirements and Forms for Defending Attorney Annual Reports
- 61.01.03 – Rules Governing Contracts and Core Requirements for Contracts Between Counties and Private Attorneys for the Provision of Indigent Defense Services
- 61.01.04 – Rules Governing Procedures and Forms for the Application and Disbursement of Indigent Defense Grants
- 61.01.06 – Rules Governing Procedures for the Oversight, Implementation, Enforcement,and Modification of Indigent Defense Standards
- 61.01.07 – Rules Governing Standards for Defending Attorneys that Utilize Idaho’s Principles of an Indigent Defense Delivery System
- 61.01.08 – Rules Governing the Administration of Idaho’s Indigent Defense Delivery System – Rule Definitions